- July 30, 2021
- Posted by: Clearport Team
- Categories: Clearport, College and University, General, High School, Human Capital Management, Immigration Services, investors, Market Development, News, SRT English Assessment, Student Mobility
Canada will reopen borders soon, and Alberta is lifting all restrictions by mid-August. Read more to learn about it and find a few free gifts we’ve added for you.
In Canada, the province of Alberta moves to end COVID-19 restrictions
You read last week in our blog that the Government of Canada announced the country will re-open borders to fully vaccinated non-essential travelers on September 7. Now, the province of Alberta is taking another important step, by lifting all COVID-19 restrictions after August 16, including the need to wear masks (yes, Alberta is going restriction-free).
Many factors justify and support this outstanding step, especially the high vaccination coverage in Canada, low numbers of new COVID-19 cases in Alberta, as well as hospitalization (only 84 people hospitalized, including 18 in ICU) (Source: Government of Alberta July 28 COVID-19 Updates).
In her July 28 press conference, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, explained that “When we first heard of COVID-19, we knew little of the virus, and we had no treatments and no vaccines… Today, we are in a very different place… We need to be looking at how we are going to live with COVID-19… These changes are a necessary step forward, one that will let us keep supporting those who become severely ill, but also help us care for those who get sick from the flu or other viruses.” (Sources: CBC News and Government of Alberta).
As a result, Canada’s “Prairie” province plans to include COVID-19 into the Flu and other viral protocols.
Tyler Shandro, Alberta’s Health Minister, advocated for these outstanding changes to the province’s COVID-19 plan, saying that “The data shows that what the vaccines are doing is making it less infectious and less deadly. That’s a good thing that allows us to move to that endemic response. The pressures on the health system and our concerns about protecting lives are changing… Other provinces know this will be the inevitable next step.” (Source: CTV News).
Supporting the health measures of his province, the Alberta Premier, Jason Kenney, said it’s time to think differently about COVID-19.
“We have to get used to the fact that cases no longer equal high levels of hospitalizations or fatalities… Our focus is on vaccines instead of restrictions as the most scientific response (to COVID).”, Kenney said. (Source: CTV News).
Indeed, vaccination in Canada and many other countries has been taking place. Good vaccination coverage is aiding Canada and various countries to loosen or lift the restrictions they had imposed because of the pandemic, as coverage expands across their population.
Source: Our World in Data
In summary, after outstanding efforts to increase its vaccination coverage, Canada is finally opening up its borders to the world after 17 months of quarantine (starting on Sept. 7), and life will start to get back to normal. Most provinces have plans to be free of restrictions as soon as possible.
The scenario is quite optimistic for the coming months, once Canada’s economy recovers and the doors open again for foreign workers, international students (High School and University/College), as well as for international business and investments.
Do not miss this opportunity; invest in your future now, and come to Canada through Clearport!
Check our services. We have designed them to offer you the best options, quality, convenience, and peace of mind.
International Students coming to Canada
Since 2008, we help International Students to come to study in Canada in their program of choice, from Grade School to English as a Second Language, College, University, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees.
Post-Secondary Schools in Canada offer great programs that are recognized worldwide, from Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas and Certificates, to full University degrees, Masters and PhDs. They also provide strong support for International Students.
We can help make this lifetime experience come true.
Click on the image above to become a Clearport Student Member and study in Canada
Our 2 types of Memberships give International Students the level of service and value they want:
Basic Student Membership:
This is a Self-Service option that gives you access to our world-class online tools to search and choose the right school, apply to it, and assess if your English level meets school requirements. Great value, saving you time and money vs having to do all the school research and school application on your own.
Student Concierge Membership:
This option gives you access to our fully personalized service, including one-on-one calls with our Education Consultants and step-by-step assistance in: School and Study Program research, review and selection, including costs and requirements; School & Visa application processes; Housing arrangements; Budget preparation; and more, even 24/7 emergency support while studying in Canada.
Our Student Concierge Membership gives you all the convenience and peace of mind that you and your family need, plus the FREE GIFT of SRT, our English Assessment & Improvement tool, to define if you meet the English level required by your school of choice.
Click below to watch a free video and learn more about our Student Mobility Services to study in Canada!
Foreign Workers coming to Canada
For almost two decades, Job Seekers have found through Clearport the right career opportunities that fit their preferences and background, and their goals in Canada.
As a Worker Member, you receive FREE ACCESS to SRT, our English Language and Essential Skills Test and Development tool, which allows you to test, identify areas where you have gaps, improve by using a targeted and personalized Learning Plan with free lessons, activities, and quizzes, and then test again to measure your progress.
Reach out for a better future, apply to available jobs, or register for future job openings!
Click on the image above to register as a Clearport Worker Member
Investors coming to Canada
Since 2014, we aid international investors and companies to find the right investment and business opportunities in Canada, which is also a path to Permanent Residence: from Real Estate opportunities to Medical Equipment Leasing, Holding Companies, tailored business and investment searches, and more.
Expertise, know-how, know-who, networks, and services tailored to meet your specific needs and goals.
Our Business/Investor Membership also gives you the FREE GIFT of SRT, our English Assessment & Improvement Tool, so you can determine your readiness to do business or invest in Canada, and continue to improve your English!
Click on the image above to become a Clearport Business/Investor Member
What is SRT and How Does it Help Me?
SRT-the Success Readiness Tool, is an outstanding English Assessment and Improvement Tool developed for Clearport by the best experts in Canada. SRT is an English Test that comes with a Free Learning Plan! But there is much more to SRT than that (and yes, it includes free features and bonuses).
With SRT, you get all this fully online and using it when YOU have the time:
- A Reliable Assessment: SRT will give you an accurate, reliable assessment of your English skills (Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening).
- A Score comparison vs other English Tests: With your SRT scores, you will also get how do your scores compare vs. other popular English tests in the market.
- FREE Bonus: As a FREE Bonus, SRT will also assess your Numeracy and Document Use, two essential skills that you need to succeed in Study, Work, and in Life in general -no other English Test gives you this! Test 6 skills instead of just 4!
- Convenience: You can use SRT anywhere, anytime, without waiting to test your English skills. Don’t waste time and money booking an English test weeks or months from now; with SRT, you can test today by becoming a Member!
- Quick Results: With SRT, you get your results very quickly: immediately in 4 of the assessed skills, and within 48 hours for Speaking and Writing.
- A Free and Efficient Learning Plan to Improve: Because SRT uses a powerful 500-point scale, it precisely detects any gaps you may have in your English skills. Then, SRT builds for you a FREE, Personalized online Learning Plan, with lessons, activities, resources, and quizzes that target only your detected gaps, efficiently helping you to improve your English.
- Free Re-Testing to Measure your Progress: After 3 or more weeks of using (really using!) your Free Learning Plan, you can test again with SRT for FREE to measure your progress. You can use SRT to test your Speaking and Writing 2 times, and test your Listening and Reading up to 5 times. Outstanding: no other English assessment gives you this!
- Printable Personalized Certificate for Each Skill: SRT gives you a high-quality printable Certificate with your name for each Skill, including your score.
- Access with Several Devices: Use SRT online on a PC, Laptop or Notebook (*), using a good microphone and headphones -we highly recommend using the Google Chrome browser, which you can download heredownload here.
(* not available using tablets or smartphones)
SRT is included FREE with Clearport’s Student, Study-Work, Worker and Business/Investor Memberships!
Be prepared to come to Canada: act now and become a Member!
Click on the image below to become a Member and get SRT
For those interested in studying, working, investing, doing business, or living in Canada
We can help you. If you are unsure whether applying to study, work, invest, do business, or immigrate immediately to Canada, or want to have specific Immigration information and assistance to visas processes, express entry, provincial immigration streams, etc., our In-House Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) can explain the requirements, the process, and next steps.
Booking an Immigration Consultation can help define your situation and best strategy.
Book an Immigration Consultation with us, and our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants will guide you with qualified, professional Immigration Advise.
Click on the image above to Book an Immigration Consultation
An Immigration Consultation can save you time and money by providing the professional guidance you require from a well-prepared, certified Team of ICCRC-regulated consultants.
Please beware of advice from “immigration consultants” that are not regulated or in good standing. Only a Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant in good standing with the ICCRC can offer consultancy services for applications to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Rui Jiang, RCIC # R530523
Dongkai Li, RCIC # R522600
We are Your Door to Canada!