Amazing News: Canada is 100% ready for International High School Students!

According to current speed of vaccination, classes for International High School students will restart in 2022. This announcement is amazing, but you must hurry and start acting now!

The Federal Government of Canada recently announced it plans to open its borders to fully vaccinated travelers on September 7, 2021.

Demand from International Students to study one or more years of High School in Canada has accumulated during the COVID pandemic, so now that Canada announced these amazing news, places will fill up quickly.

To ensure that you will have a great experience in Canada, now is the time to act!

What you Want

We know that you want to have fun, a great lifetime experience, perfect your English, make friends for life, and stay with a great Home Stay Family. We also know that you want to do fun things when you are not at school.

International High School Students in Canada

What your Parents Want

Your Family wants you to have all this. However, they also want you to get a good education, make sure that you are safe, and they want to have peace of mind knowing that everything has been taken care of, and that you are in good hands.

In Summary, How does Clearport help? – Convenience & Peace of Mind

Briefly, with our Student Concierge Membership we help you in every step and do all the work, so you and your Family get all the convenience and peace of mind you need:

  • One-on-One call with one of Clearport’s specialized Education Consultants
  • Getting you ready to submit a professionally prepared School Application as soon as they reopen this process.
  • Recommending and selecting your School.
  • Preparing a budget with detailed costs, even an estimate for your minimum expenses.
  • Gathering all the documents and information needed for your School and Study Permit applications.
  • Finding an affordable Certified translator that will translate your documents to English.
  • Preparing and submit your School Application, and obtaining a Letter of Acceptance from the School.
  • Getting your mandatory Custodianship Letter.
  • Selecting a great Home Stay Family for you to live with while you study in Canada.
  • Preparing your professionally prepared Study Permit Application, and submitting to the Embassy or Consulate of Canada in the country where you live, supported by our In-House Certified Immigration Consultants.
  • Enrolling in extra-curricular activities, like the sport(s) that you like.
  • Getting you valid Health Insurance in Canada.
  • Providing 24/7 emergency assistance while you study in Canada.
  • Assisting to get your Grades in Canada validated for your country.

We help you and your Family make the right decisions, and we do all the work for you!

Clearport Student Concierge Membership

Click here to Become a Student Concierge MemberConvenience and peace of mind with assistance from beginning to end, plus support while you study in Canada.

Canada Leads in Vaccination Coverage among G7 Countries

Among the G7 countries (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK and the US), Canada leads in share of total population that have been vaccinated with at least one dose.

Graph-Canada leades G7 countries in COVID vaccination

Source: Our World in Data

In fact, Canada has already vaccinated over 80% of its eligible population (12 years old and above). Almost 64% of this group has been fully vaccinated.

 Canada Vaccination Coverage as of July 27

Source: CTV News

Canada has also vaccinated over 70% of its total population with at least one dose, and over 56% are fully vaccinated.

By Province and Territory, most of them have vaccinated more than 80% of their population 12 years and older.

Map-Canada Vaccination Coverage by Province

Source: CTV News

And, with a population of only 38 Million, Canada is administering hundreds of thousands more doses every day. For example, between July 27 and the previous 5 days, Canada administered an average of almost 295,700 doses each day! This means that vaccination coverage is growing quickly.

Canada COVID vaccines administered daily-6 day average

Source: COVID-19 Vaccination Tracker Canada

What happens next in Canada?

Although Canada will lift travel restrictions on or around September 7, there are still some requirements and measures that you need to know about.

Only Schools approved by the Government of Canada can enroll International Students. These Schools receive from the Government the status of Designated Learning Institutions (or DLIs).

According to the Government of Canada, “Fully vaccinated foreign nationals may be allowed to enter Canada for discretionary travel on the following dates if they meet specific criteria:

  • Effective August 9: American citizens and permanent residents of the United States, who currently reside in the United States, who meet specific criteria to qualify as fully vaccinated
  • September 7 (intended start date): All other foreign nationals who qualify as fully vaccinated

The 3-night hotel stopover requirement will be eliminated for all travelers arriving by air after 12:01 A.M. EDT on August 9.”

Per the same source, “if you plan to come to Canada to study as an international student, you must attend a DLI with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by the province or territory where the school is located.

Your School’s COVID-19 readiness plan:

  • protects the health and safety of you and the surrounding community
  • describes how the DLI will manage your mandatory 14-day quarantine period, including transportation to your quarantine location
    • You must have a 14-day quarantine plan, even if you believe you meet the criteria of being a fully vaccinated traveler.
      • When you arrive in Canada, a border services officer will make the final decision about whether you’re exempt from the 14-day quarantine requirement.
      • If you travel to Canada by air, part of your 14-day quarantine will include a mandatory 3-day hotel stopover. After your hotel stopover, you’ll continue with the rest of your quarantine plan.
    • provides information and support about
      • how you can get the items you need for your quarantine, like food and medications
      • health insurance
      • remaining healthy while in Canada”

The same source indicates that “some designated learning institutions (DLIs) are open to international students who aren’t currently in Canada and who:

  • have, or have been approved for, a study permit
  • are travelling to Canada for a non-discretionary or non-optional purpose”.

The Government of Canada also offers Checklists and other resources to be used to plan your travel, arrive in Canada, and after you arrive in Canada.

But don’t worry. Once you become a Student Concierge Member, we will verify everything and do all the work for you!

Our services for International High School Students

We offer International High School Students the best School and Home Stay Family selection, guidance, specialized staff, and more, all in one place.  When you become a Student Concierge Member, we help you in every step before you come to Canada, and also support you while you study here!

Since 2008, we are trusted by International High School Students, and deliver personalized quality service with full transparency for the Student and Family.

Click here to become a Sudent Concierge Member

Click on the image to Become a Clearport Student Concierge Member

Why Choose Canada

Canada is one of the Top 3 Education Destinations globally. Canadian Schools provide great quality of education in a safe country that has a diverse, non-discriminatory society. Schools in Canada also offer great programs that are recognized worldwide, plus English as a Second Language (ESL) support for International Students.

You will make new friends from Canada and from all over the world, broadening your horizons. And the best part is that you will have lots of fun! We can help make this lifetime experience come true.

20 Frequently Asked Questions from International High School Students and their Parents

You can find here free answers to the Top-20 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about studying one or more years of High School in Canada. We are your door to Study in Canada!

We are experts helping International Students to study in Canada

Since 2008, we help International Students from all over the world to come to study in Canada, from Grade School to College and University.

1) Why Study in Canada?

Canada is among the Top 3 Education destinations in the World for International Students.

Even during Covid, 530,540 international students attended School in Canada in the 2020 school year (Source: CBIE). International student enrollments in formal programs in Canada more than tripled over a 10-year period (Statistics Canada).

Canada is in demand with International Students

There is great demand to study in Canada.  The top reasons are:

  • Canada’s quality of life and quality of education,
  • Its reputation as a safe country,
  • Its tolerant, non-discriminatory society, and
  • Canada offers more affordable Tuition and Cost of Living costs than the U.S., the United Kingdom, Australia, and other countries.

2) How can Clearport help me?

We can help you in every step. Our Student Concierge Membership gives you and your family the services you need and the value you want.

  • You get access to our Education Consultants, who will give you personalized service.
  • One-on-One Call with you and your Parents to understand your needs and preferences.
  • We will search the Schools for you and make recommendations based on what you want, saving you time and costly mistakes.
  • We will find an excellent Home Stay Family for you!
  • We will prepare your School Application and gather from you the necessary Document.
  • We will recommend an affordable Certified Translator to translate to English any necessary documents.
  • We will submit your Application to the School.
  • Once the School accepts you in principle, you will pay your Tuition and School fees to obtain your final Letter of Acceptance. This includes your Custodianship Documents, which are mandatory, and we will help you prepare.
  • Our Education Consultants will then transfer you to one of our In-House Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants to prepare and submit your Study Permit Application.
  • After your application is approved and your Study Visa is issued allowing you to travel to Canada, our Education Consultants will continue to assist you.
  • We will obtain for you a Health Insurance Policy valid in Canada.
  • We will prepare for you a Travel Package with the documents you will need to show the Immigration Officer at the Port of Entry to receive your Study Permit.
  • You also receive 24/7 Emergency Support for our Education Consultants while you study in Canada.

All the convenience and peace of mind you need in one single place. From School Selection to Study Permit, and more!

Click here to Become a Clearport Student Concierge Member and Study in Canada

Our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC’s) help with the process of applying for a Study Visa and Permit. They will guide you in this part of the process with qualified, professional Immigration Advise.

Please beware of advice from “immigration consultants” that are not regulated or in good standing. Only a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant in good standing with the ICCRC can offer consultancy services for applications to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

Regulate Canadian Immigration Consultant Insignia

Verify Status with ICCRC: link to ICCRC site

Rui Jiang, RCIC # R530523

Dongkai Li, RCIC # R522600

3) Are Private and Public High Schools the Same in Canada?

In Canada, from Elementary School to Sr. High School, there are three distinct school systems, all equally competitive but with some differences: Public, Catholic (or Separate) and Private. Some Provinces only have Public and Private schools.

Both the Public and Catholic systems have excellent academic standards, special courses, classroom support for International Students, and require similar tuition fees.

Private schools offer a similar academic level than Public and Catholic schools, although they generally have a greater offer of elective courses; some -not all- offer slightly smaller groups; some have areas of specialization for students with special interests (e.g., hockey, soccer, ballet, etc.). However, the most notable difference that Private Schools have compared to Catholic and Public schools is the cost of Tuition, which in Private schools is significantly higher.

In most cases, Public Schools in Canada area a great option except for very specific schools and needs.

4) How do I Choose the Right School for Me?

There are many Public, Catholic and Private Schools in Canada, offering a wide range of options and Study Programs. They are distributed across all Provinces of Canada, and the Provincial Governments are in charge of Education.

There are a number of factors to consider before choosing a School. With a Student Concierge Membership, we can help you make the right choice according to your needs, budget, and preferences.

5) How Much Does it Cost to Study in Canada?

The costs vary by City and Province, and Canada offers more affordable options than many other countries. Become a Student Concierge Member, and we will recommend a Study Program that fits your preferences and needs, with all necessary details of fees and costs so that you and your Parents can have a reliable, predictable budget.

6) Are there Scholarships to Study in Canada?

Not for High School students, with very few exceptions.

7) Will I be Approved to Study in Canada?

Demand to study in Canada is strong and has consistently grown over the years. Study Permits are issued at the Port of Entry and are always issued at the discretion of the Officer.

Don’t worry; your Study Permit application will be professionally prepared by our In-House Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants. Your chances of approval are extremely high (almost 100%) if you meet requirements, can cover your Tuition Fees, and can prove that your family has the funds to cover your Cost of Living while in Canada.

8) What is a DLI (Designated Learning Institution)?

The Government of Canada grants the status of Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to any school that is allowed to admit International Students. Primary and Secondary schools (from Grade 1 to Sr. High School) in Canada are all DLIs; however, not all Post-Secondary Institutions are DLIs. The Government of Canada adds and removes Post-Secondary Institutions from the list of DLIs based on them meeting requirements. You can check here the list of approved DLIs.

9) Do I Need IELTS to Study High School in Canada?

No. Your High School of choice will schedule an English placement test to be done before or after you arrive to Canada, and will decide if you need ESL (English as a Second Language) support. In most cases, this is done within your first couple of days at school.

10) What Documents do I need to apply for a Study Permit?

Minimum documents include:

  • A Valid Passport, ideally expiring after the date in which you plan to complete your studies.
  • Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from the School you want to attend. It confirms you have been accepted in your Study Program and that you have covered your Tuition and other School Fees.
  • Custodianship Documents, which we will help you with.
  • Proof of Funds. The purpose of these documents is to demonstrate that you have enough funds available to support your expenses while studying in Canada. These expenses include housing with a Home Stay Family and other non-school expenses, which will vary depending on your location of studies and your spending habits and needs. Proof of funds can be your Parents’ Bank and/or Investment Statements (last 3 months), Savings Statements, Payroll Receipts, and other official banking or investment documents.

Example of Proof of Funds-Bank Statement

  • Personal Identity documents, such as your Birth Certificate, your Parent’s Marriage Certificate.
  • Academic Documents. Those showing the grades of the school years you have completed before coming to Canada, as well as the grades of the school year that you are in as your application is being processed. Some schools might require a Letter from you explaining why you want to study in Canada at the school, and/or a Letter from the Principal or Teacher at the school you are studying at before coming to Canada.
  • Other documents may be required according to the Document Checklist for your country of Citizenship and/or residence (required documents may vary by country).
  • Your application must be submitted in English, and a certified English Translation of some of these documents will need to be provided with your application. We will recommend an affordable Certified English Translator, so don’t worry.

11) Do I need a Canadian Study Visa, a Study Permit, or Both?

You need both.

You can apply for a Study Permit once you have a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from your School (which must be a Designated Learning Institution or DLI), and a completed Study Permit application with the required documents.

When you apply for a Study Permit, you will first be issued a Study Visa (Citizens of a few countries do not need a Study Visa).

A Canadian Study Visa is a travel document that allows you to travel to Canada for the purpose of studying in Canada, and exit the country and come back as long as your Study Visa is valid.

A Study Visa is a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).  Study Visas are issued by the Canadian Embassy, a Canadian Consulate, or a Canada Visa Application Centre (VAC) in the country you live in, or in a country near you. You might also need to obtain an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) before travelling to Canada -we also help with this!

A Study Permit is issued at the Port of Entry (the first airport you arrive in Canada) and establishes the conditions of what you are allowed to do while in Canada, and for how long. A Study Permit allows you to study at a specific School for a certain time.

Both Study Visas and Study Permits are issued at the discretion of the Officers of the Government of Canada.

12) How Long Does it Take to get a Study Visa?

This depends on where you live (your country of residence), and can vary significantly between countries and from time to time, depending on demand. In some cases, Study Visas can be processed in as little as 2 weeks, but in others it can take much longer. Become a Concierge Student Member and apply early!

13) What is the School Application Process?

1. Choose a Study Program and School.

2. Apply to the School and pay for your Tuition.

3. Get Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from your School (must be a DLI). Without it, you cannot apply for a Study Permit.

Remember, with our Student Concierge Membership, we will recommend Schools based on your preferences, budget and needs, will prepare a professional School application, submit it to the school, follow through to your Letter of Acceptance, and find you a great Home Stay Family to live with: we do all the work for you!

14) What is the Study Permit Application Process?

1. Check that you are admissible to Canada: For example, we check that you do not have a criminal record or other background that would make you inadmissible into the country.

2. Check that you meet eligibility requirements:

  • Proof that you have the age and completed studies to enter the school Year (for example, Grade 11) that you want to study in Canada; and
  • Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from a DLI; and
  • Proof of Funds; and
  • Other supporting documents, according to your country of Citizenship and residence.

3. Prepare your Application: With our Student Concierge Membership, one of our In-House Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants will prepare and review your Study Visa & Permit Application with you before submission so that you know it has been professionally prepared.

4. Submit your Application. This can be done online or in paper. We will help you with this process.

5. Get your Biometrics. Once you are pre-Approved, you will receive a letter indicating that you must proceed to have your Biometrics taken (a digital Photograph and your fingerprints). We will also help you with this!

6. Plan your Travel. Once your Study Permit application is approved, you will receive a “Port of Entry Introduction Letter” by the Government of Canada and your Study Visa will be issued. This means that you are approved to travel to Canada to study. We can help you to plan your trip, starting with making final living arrangements and preparing a Travel Package with the documents you will need to present at the Port of Entry.

7. Arrival and Study Permit. You will arrive to Canada, and your Study Permit will be issued at the Port of Entry.

8. Meet your Home Stay Family and Start School. Your Home Stay Family or School designated staff will meet you at the Airport.  You will get to know your Home Stay Family and the home you will live at. You will start school a few days after!

Become a Student Concierge Member. We will prepare a professional Study Permit application, help you gather all the necessary documents, submit the application, and guide you until you start school.  Then, we will continue to give you 24/7 emergency support while you study in Canada.

15) When do I Need to Apply to School?

Deadlines to apply will vary by School and by Study Program. You need to start acting now so that you can apply early, as many Schools have a limited number of spaces, there is an accumulated demand from International Students, schools scrutinize more your application if you apply late (close to the end of the admission period), and some Schools have more demand than available spaces. Parents, make the decision now and help your son or daughter become a Student Concierge Member.

16) Can I Drive While I Study in Canada?

In short, no, you cannot.  Your Home Stay Family, the Public Transit System, and/or the School Bus are good options, and in most cases you will not need to drive at all.

17) Can My Family Visit Me While I Study, or Can I Visit Them?

Sure! We can help with that! Just let us know in advance what your plans are, and we will be more than happy to help.

18) Can I Study English as a Second Language (ESL) or French (FSL) in Canada?

Yes. There are Schools and Institutes that offer English as a Second Language (ESL) and French as a Second Language (FSL) programs. We can help you find the rich Study Program and School. Become a Student Concierge Member.

19) Where do I apply for a Study Permit?

You must apply in the country you live in (or the closest country designated by the Government of Canada). If you do not live in your country of Citizenship, you will need to include in your application proof of the immigration status in your country of residence.  Applications can be submitted online or on paper.  We will guide you through this when you become a Student Concierge Member.

20) Am I Covered by Canada’s Health Care System?

All International Students in Canada must have Health coverage in Canada, which is provided by Health Insurance Plans obtained through your school of choice in Canada. This Health Insurance is usually paid when you pay your Tuition Fees. We make sure this happens so that your Parents and you have peace of mind before you travel.Click here to become a Student Concierge Member

We are Your Door to Canada!

Scroll Up