- June 14, 2021
- Posted by: Clearport Team
- Categories: Clearport, General, HCM, Human Capital Management, International, Market Development, Student Mobility
Canada is a place of great opportunities!
At Clearport, we offer several lines of services to help International Students, Job Seekers, Employers, Investors and Businesses to grow, by studying, working, hiring, investing or doing business in Canada. Whatever your personal dreams or business goals, we have the right services for you, and we can help you to make them happen:
We are Your Door to Canada!
We started operations in 2003 as a boutique Recruitment firm based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We have evolved since, adding new divisions and presence in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa, and becoming a Mobility Company for International Students, Human Capital, Investors, and Businesses and Projects.
Human Capital Management (HCM) – For Employers and for Job Seekers
This was our original division, dedicated to recruit for employers in Canada the right talent that they require to operate and grow.
Since then, this division has expanded to source talent from all over the world, from laborers to even very senior, internationally experienced professionals in highly technical occupations. We recruit not only for Canada, but for other markets as well. We have also added for Employers a Digital Recruitment Certification for HR Staff, compliant with ISO 30405; an online Digital Test and Assessment Platform and a full suite of Assessments (Personality, Cognitive Ability, Customer Service); and even an English Language assessment. These tools are essential to make better, data-driven hiring decisions, and to assess and develop personnel.
With international and local Recruitment expertise since 2003, Clearport’s Human Capital Management (HCM) services are now expanded to Employers in the U.S. and strengthened by the addition of 33 new services:
Foreign Candidate Recruitment
- For Employers in Canada, and now expanded to Employers in the U.S. (New)
- Under various recruitment streams
- Full Service
We have been doing Foreign Recruitment for Canadian Employers since our foundation in 2003… And now, we offer Foreign Recruitment services for U.S. Employers, too!
- All types of personnel: From general laborers to trades, technicians, supervisors, customer services personnel, highly skilled managers and professionals, and more
- Job Descriptions & Job Analysis;
- Government Applications;
- Candidate Sourcing:
- Assessment and Interviewing;
- Visa Processing;
- Settlement & Integration Services;
- Reach: Dynamic candidate database, plus the best source countries for abundant candidate pool
- Strong Retention
- Replacement Guarantee
- Structured Recruitment Process & Best-in-class Tools
We serve all industries… and we have worked with many.
Here are a few examples:
We have sourced qualified candidates from many countries, and can source them globally:
- 20 New Services in Canada, also available now for Employers in the U.S.
- Employer Government Applications
- Worker and Individual Applications
Local Candidate Recruitment
- New HR Digital Platform for Process Improvement
- New HR Personnel Digital Talent Acquisition Certification
- New Data-Driven & Unbiased Assessments
- New Structured Source, Assess, Employ process
- New Onboarding & Development
Assessment & Development Tools:
Structured, reliable Assessments
- New OPTO, Personality
- New ACE, Cognitive (GMA Test)
- New BRIGHT, Customer Service
- New EASI, Motivation & Behavior
- New SRT, English, plus Numeracy & Document Use
- New METIS, Digital Platforms
Hiring the right talent can be 400% – 800% more productive
Clearport’s Recruitment process is designed to support Employers and Decision-Makers to make better hiring decisions, reduce Time-To-Hire and Cost-Per-Hire, support retention, and increase productivity.
Our Digital Talent Acquisition process is structured and certified to ISO 30405 recruitment standards. It focuses on the best possible Person-Job fit, which can be objectively determined through:
1. A structured Job Analysis that identifies the most important job tasks (those with higher frequency and impact);
2. A defined Candidate Profile (skills, knowledge, and personality) based on the Job Analyses; and
3. Structured Assessments that determine the degree to which Candidates match the Job Analysis and the desired Candidate Profile, allowing for data-driven, unbiased comparison of candidates and supporting better hiring decisions.
Attract: We address talent scarcity through a dynamic candidate data base, enriched by effectively using modern digital tools to target the right talent pool of potential candidates by media, location, qualifications, and profile. We attract candidates using transparent, respectful, appropriate, and effective communication with the right Reach, Employer Branding and Employer Value Proposition.
Assess: We evaluate the defined pool of candidates (as needed by the employer) through data-driven and unbiased Assessment Tools that ensure a strong Person-Job fit and the ability to make objective comparisons between candidates, such as:
- Structured Interviews;
- Employer-driven skills tests;
- Personality, Cognitive (GMA), Customer Service, Motivation and Behavior Assessments; and
- English Language Assessments.
Employ: Your hiring decisions are supported though the combined use of this data-driven, unbiased process and assessment tools. Together, these tools are a much stronger predictor of new hires’ work success and performance than other stand-alone vetting methods (for example, job interview and CV) or qualifications (i.e., Education, previous jobs, etc.).
Onboard: A well-designed and structured Onboarding process that nurtures a strong Person-Job fit can significantly improve New Hire retention, reducing turnover and cost, and increasing productivity.
Did you know that multiple recruitment studies have globally shown that..?
Per various recruitment industry research sources globally
- More than 2/3 of Candidates are Passive, not actively looking for a job, so reaching them is difficult without the correct know-how and tools
- A Structured Recruitment Process can reduce Time-To-Hire by 50%
- The right process and tools reduce Cost-Per-Hire by 50%
- Without proper Hiring and Onboarding, 25% of new hires will leave in the first year
Industry research has also shown that one wrong hire can have an average cost close to CAD $80 Thousand…
Sources: Bo Eriksen, researcher w/ SDU, 2016; Brandon Hall Group 2015; and hrpeople.dk
Assessments & Digital Platform
Clearport represents Master International in Canada. Based in Denmark, Master International is a leading worldwide provider of online Psychometric Assessments and HR Platforms.
If you are interested in learning more about the Psychometric Assessments that we offer in Canada (METIS, OPTO, BRIGHT, EASI), or on tools for your HR Personnel (TAC-Digital Talent Acquisition Certification, or the METIS HR Platform), or on our SRT English Assessment and Development Tool, register as an Employer with Clearport to learn more. Registration is free!
We create equal opportunities through transparent Assessments and HR workflows that drive performance.
OPTO – Personality Test
Personality Test focused on preferred behaviors. It is a strong predictor of success at work for a new hire, and a powerful tool to guide personnel performance development plans:
- Measures 3 Areas and 8 Dimensions of Personality through 20 Factors.
- Person-Job Fit criteria is customized with your Hiring Manager and stakeholders
- Ensures objective comparability of candidates.
- Strong capability to support data-driven, unbiased, better hiring decisions.
- Discern through the process of vetting candidates (i.e., for short-listing), or to decide who to hire.
- Can also be used to assess existing personnel to:
- determine potential for promotion or for lateral moves; or
- define areas to improve as part of processess for Performance Review and Personnel Development Plans
Our Recruiters are certified as OPTO Test Professionals, in TAC-Digital Talent Acquisition, and in the METIS platform, to support you in the structured process of using these tools to make better hiring decisions: data-driven, unbiased, and with comparable candidates.
ACE-Cognitive (GMA) Test
ACE is a GMA, or General Mental Ability Test focused on skills. It assesses the individual’s reasoning potential and ability to acquire new knowledge, solve problems, create action plans and make effective decisions.
- Predict of performance and future success. Discover the match between employee potential and job complexity
- Assess logical and analytical reasoning
- Evaluate ability for problem solving
- Select the right person based on potential
If combined with OPTO:
- Even more predictive power for job success
- Deeper understanding of cognitive skills in combination with personality traits.
BRIGHT – Customer Service Assessment
Fast identification of star customer service assets. The best customer service gives your organization a competitive advantage. BRIGHT helps you screen the best candidates for customer service.
- Easily spot high-performing service personnel
- Save time and money by screening applicants before an interview
- Conduct more relevant job interviews with fewer candidates
- Cut down on employee turnover
- Raise your overall customer satisfaction
EASI – Motivation and Behavior
Identify personality and drivers of existing employees and teams. Establish a common language for people-related issues. Assess, tune, and build winning teams and internal effectiveness Turn human idiosyncrasies into beneficial dynamics and commercial success. Assessment focused on:
- employee communication,
- work relational challenges,
- personality-behaviour correlation,
- change management issues,
- and more.
TAC – Digital Talent Acquisition Certification
Certification in Digital Recruitment Proficiency for your HR Personnel. A valuable Certification in data-driven recruiting process, though a course built on ISO standards and taught by experienced psychologists and digital experts.
- Official certification based on the ISO 30405 standard
- Cover all main areas of data-driven talent acquisition
- Download assets and tools for personal use
- Progress built on hands-on exercises and real-life scenarios
METIS Digital Platform
Can you truly value people without truly valuing data? Boost efficiency, minimize bias, reduce costs. Ensure the most profitable match of job and candidate.
- Metis consolidates your employee assessment results in a single system.
- This enables the shift to data-driven HR and evidence-based decisions.
Metis is an is intuitive and easy to use online platform that works across browsers, PCs, Laptops, and mobile devices. Our Recruiters are certified in use of the METIS platform to support better hiring decisions. Your Company and HR Staff can have direct access to this platform and get certified, too!
With Metis you get:
- one workflow for all assessment needs
- access to all your HR results and analyses
- in-depth HR analytics across multiple assessments and candidates
- proper handling and protection of personal data
- reliable basis for overview and decision making
SRT: English. Numeracy and Document Use Assessment and Development Tool
For Workers whose first language is not English, and for Temporary Foreign Workers:
- Fully online, immediate Scores, Certification & Learning Plan.
- Assesses English Skills, plus Numeracy and Document Use.
- Precisely detects gaps.
- Free online Learning Plan helps staff to build English, Numeracy and Document Use proficiency, targeting only those areas where deficiencies are identified.
- Allows re-testing at no extra cost to measure progress.
- Scores available before Candidate interviewing and selection.
For Job Seekers:
Through Clearport, Job Seekers can find the right opportunities (mostly in Canada) that fit their preferences, background and goals. We don’t charge any fees to Workers. As Members, Workers receive access to SRT, our English Language and Essential Skills Test and Development tool, which allows Workers to test, identify areas where they have gaps, improve by using a learning plan with targeted free lessons, activities and quizzes, and then test again to measure their progress. Reach out for a better future, apply to available jobs, or register for future job openings!
Student Mobility – For Students and their Families
Since 2008, we help International Students to come to study in Canada, from Grade School to English as a Second Language, College, University, Master’s and Doctoral degrees.
Our 2 types of Memberships give Students the level of service and value they want:
Basic Student Membership:
Self-service with our world-class online tools to choose the right school and apply to it, and to assess if the student’s English level meets school requirements. Great value, saving time and money vs doing all the school research and application on your own.
Student Concierge Membership:
Fully personalized service, one-on-one calls with our Education Consultants, and step-by-step assistance in: School and Study Program research, review and selection, including costs and requirements; School & Visa application processes; Housing arrangements; budget preparation; and more, even 24/7 emergency support while studying in Canada. All the convenience and peace of mind. Plus SRT, our English Assessment & Improvement tool to meet the English level required by your school of choice.
Click below to watch a short video and learn more about our Student Mobility Services to study in Canada!
Market Development – For Investors and Businesses
Starting in 2014, this Division helps investors and businesses grow.
We help Canadian companies to do business abroad, finding them new markets, clients, projects and partners; if a Canadian business owner wants to sell ownership in full or in part, we find the right buyers. We also help companies abroad to enter the Canadian market, find Canadian companies to partner with, find top-quality Canadian vendors, acquire Canadian businesses, or invest in Canada.
For International Investors:
We help find the right investment opportunities in Canada that -if they choose so- can start international Investors on the path to Permanent Residence in Canada: from Real Estate opportunities, to Medical Equipment Leasing, Holding Companies, tailored business and investment searches, and more. Expertise, know-how, know-who, networks, and services tailored to meet your specific needs and goals.
For those interested in studying, working, hiring foreign talent, investing, doing business or living in Canada.
With a team of in-house Certified Immigration Consultants based in our main Calgary office, and abiding by strict Canadian standards, we offer Immigration Services for Employers, Businesses and Individuals alike.
Clearport has expanded its overall services for individuals and organizations by adding a full suite of 20 New Certified Immigration Services into Canada. We are excited to extend our services in this area with a strengthened team of Certified Professionals that are focused on servicing Students, Workers, Families, Investors, Businesses and Organizations, with quality, passion and transparency, and always under strict regulations and guidelines.
Our Certified Immigration Services for Individuals and Organizations
Peace of mind: Canadian regulations protect you.
Yes, you are protected. Our team of Licensed Canadian Immigration Consultants who are full members in good standing of ICCRC, the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.
We offer consultancy services and advice on applications submitted to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
We serve clients both in Canada and outside of Canada on Federal applications as well as applications throughout Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
A Consultation can save you time and money by providing the professional guidance you require from a well-prepared, certified Team of ICCRC-regulated consultants.
Please beware of advice from “immigration consultants” that are not regulated or in good standing. Only a Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant in good standing with the ICCRC can offer consultancy services for applications to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
Let us serve you by booking a Consultation.
Rui Jiang, RCIC # R530523
Dongkai Li, RCIC # R522600
In the U.S.:
- H-2B Applications
- Others as applicable
In everything we do, we follow our 4 guiding Principles: Passion, Transparency, Service, Quality:
- We’re passionate about what we do.
- We are transparent and provide factual, data-driven information.
- We focus on servicing our clients and stakeholders.
- We understand and provide quality, doing things right the first time.
We bring people together.